THE HUMBER SPA
The new Humber Wellness Centre, located at the North Campus, supports the Cosmetics and Esthetician/Spa Management programs. Students and clients both benefit from the techniques learned and delivered in the 3,500-square foot state-of-the-art facility.
The Product Line
Students complete the work placement requirement in our own Humber Spa under the guidance of industry professionals. We align our program with premium product manufacturers — giving students intimate familiarity with the high-end products they will encounter in the industry.
Our full product line-up is available for purchase in The Humber Spa boutique. This gives students a chance to gain practical experience making recommendations and selling products to clients. These include: Cover FX, Dermalogica, DERMed, Gehwol, and OPI products.
The Spa Facilities
- Three private treatment rooms
- Facial and body lab
- Hand and foot care lab with manicure and pedicure training stations
- Professionally designed reception area
- Make-up application stations equipped with stationary lift chairs
- Boutique with Cover FX, Dermalogica, DERMed, Gehwol, and OPI product lines
This program teaches both the procedures and business aspects of spa management. These include spa treatments and therapies, skin care, physiology of the skin, facial techniques, retail operations, sales and presentation strategies.
More In The Curriculum
- Introduction to Marketing
- Computer Applications
- Cosmetic Applications
- Facial Techniques
- Medical Spa
- During this program students will gain over 540 hours of practical hands-on experience.